A National Historic Landmark, built in 1843-1845 by George Washington Polk, son of Col William Polk of the Revolution. The Estate was won by the Colonel from the Governor of North Carolina. When the Colonel divided up the large tract, George named his portion of the property after the game, Rattle and Snap. After changing ownership over the years, Rattle and Snap is now owned by Dr. and Mrs. Michael Kaslow. The Plantation is open for tours and overnight stays.
Trilogy Farms is part of the original Rattle and Snap property. The view from the back terrace over looks the Rattle and Snap Plantation.
Built in 2002
101 +/- Rolling Acres / 9600 Square Feet
6 Bedrooms/5 Full Baths/2 Half Baths
European Faux Finishes, Custom Drapes, Cabinets & Wrought Iron
Honduras & Royal Mahogany Hardwoods Imported Italian Limestone
Baldwin Hardware and Solid Wood Doors throughout
Vantage Home Control System
Runco 120” Custom Projection System
The Trilogy logo honors the three Plantations, Rattle and Snap, Hamilton Place and Ashwood Hall.